CALL RECEPTION TO BOOK YOUR FLU VACCINATION APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Please ensure you wear a face covering at all times when attending the practice. If you have a disability or condition which means you cannot wear a face covering or cannot communicate with someone who is wearing a face mask, or require other adjustments before your appointment, please let the surgery know ahead of your arrival.
Are you constantly disappointed by not being able to get a GP appointment?
You can help the practice and the whole NHS to try and solve this problem by following the guidance below:
1) Choosing the appropriate NHS Care:
If you are unsure what service is best for your health care need click on the link below for more advise:
2) Cancel ALL appointments that you no longer require
3) Give the receptionist a brief outline of your health problem/needs so they can make you an appointment with the appropriate health care professional as we now have a diverse group of people working within general practice to assist our patients. All reception staff have undertaken extensive training in reception triage techniques.
4) Accept a telephone triage call from a health care professional who will then make you a face to face appointment if there is a clinical need to do so.
Routine GP Telephone Triage Appointments
The majority of routine telephone triage appointments are released each morning at 8.00am weekdays for a SAME DAY ROUTINE APPOINTMENT. These can be booked by calling the surgery at 8.00am on the day you wish to speak to a GP or booking through the practice website. However, there is limited availability to pre- book routine appointments in advance. For routine calls you will be given an approximate time that the GP will call but they could call up to 30 minutes before or after that time due to emergencies. If there is a clinical need the GP will make you a face to face appointment whilst on the telephone.
Urgent GP Telephone Triage Appointments
If you have stated that the reason you need to speak to a GP is for a Clinical Emergency/Something That Needs to be Seen the Same Day please be aware that the following rules apply:
• A GP or highly trained and experienced prescribing nurse may return your call.
• You will be told if the clinician will call you back morning or afternoon.
• You will only be able to discuss the one Emergency Problem. You will not be able to discuss long standing health problems that are not related to your emergency need.
• No repeat sick notes or repeat prescriptions will be issued.
• During the call the clinician will invite you into surgery if they feel there is a clinical need to do so
Nurse appointments are only bookable 4 weeks in advance in order to try and minimise missed appointments.
Before you book you will need to register to use the online facility. Please contact the Reception staff for your unique secure user ID.
You can now book appointments online.
This is for ROUTINE GP telephone appointments only, including SAME DAY ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS . Log onto the online system at 8.00am and you will be able to book your appointment with the GP of your choice for the same day. Appointments for all other matters need to be booked with the receptionist.